This cheesecake is as good as any found in a New York Deli. Thick, dense and relatively easy to make, it bakes without the normal cheesecake techniques of the water bath and tin foil.
1. This is not a dessert that can be made last minute. After baking for one hour, it stays in the oven for 5-6 hours and then ideally needs at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator to settle.
2. The cooking method creates a beautiful rim which is excellent for holding in a topping of various kinds of fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, mangos, etc.
8 full graham crackers, finely crushed
2 Tbs butter, melted
4 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.3. Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter, then press onto the bottom of the springform pan.
5. Blend in milk.
6. Mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enountil incorporated.
7. Slowly mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
8. Pour filling into prepared crust.