July 16, 2012
Citrus Lemon Bundt
Confession. This is not a gourmet recipe. I think you'll agree when you see the ingredients listed below. That being said, it tastes amazingly gourmet and that's why it's here. This is always one of the favorites at dessert parties as the cake is incredibly moist and the glaze has a perfect balance of sweetness and tart lemon. From start to finish in about an hour, this recipe yields about 12 good sized servings. Enjoy!
1. You can use any citrus soda drink - just pick your favorite.
2. Be sure to butter and flour the bundt pan well to ensure it releases nicely after baking.
3. Wait until the cake has cooled before applying the glaze or it will be too runny.
18.25 oz box lemon cake mix
3.4 oz box instant lemon-flavored pudding mix
12 oz can citrus soda
¾ cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups confection sugar
3 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Tbs unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Butter and flour a 12-15 cup fluted pan
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix
4. Add soda, oil and eggs
5. Beat at medium speed until smooth
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes
8. Remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack
9. Combine glaze ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over the top of the cake